Friday, March 6, 2009

1 Week in Bedok Camp II

Army Reservice is always so fulfilling and enriching. I am very amazed that Army has progressed so much in terms of skills and equipment for the past 10 years. There are finally using the weapons that my office has been experimenting since 2000. Thus, I am quite familiar with the weapons used and some officers are quite amazed that I know these new weapons. Knowledge is power when it is appropriately used.

Victor didn't join me this time round because his wife has just given birth to a baby girl (I think she is called Vera) and I am told to be prepared for a tough trip to Taiwan because there won't be anyone to rotate with me when it comes to monitoring the situation when the missions start. Suddenly, one Sergeant (K) and one officer (A) appeared in front of me and told me that there were combat engineers. That is a gift from heaven! I thought I could rest my throat this week in the Army, but I ended up teaching K the things that he needed to know for the missions. A very quick and eager learner indeed.

The best part of the programme is certainly not the planning stage of the missions but the meeting and having coffee with your Army friends. I got to know a few others and they are really nice people. Most of the time, we were talking while helping our officers to prepare the missions. A great time together and a wonderful break from school. But I do miss my students especially 3 Dyn and 3 Thk. I wonder what they are doing during English lessons. They must be lazing around. I need to whip them up again because they are really a bunch of good NA students and most of them have high potential to go to 5NA without doubt. So buck up!

No comments:

Post a Comment