Saturday, July 4, 2009

Social Distancing and going online

"Mum, where are we going to eat tonight?" I asked.

"Stay at home. I am cooking. Got H1N1. Dangerous." she replied curtly.

Social distancing. That is such an ugly word. I can't imagine myself talking to my friends online most of the time. This is so boring. I don't know about the current generation of students. They must have loved it a lot. I don't. There is this lack of personal touch and seeing-face-to-face reality that has become a compulsive void in the lives of many people. In my opinion, communicating via SMS can be extremely distant as compared to friends coming out for a cup of coffee.

Since I was not going out for dinner, it would be better to explore this virtual world of wonder. I found Mr Brown's website very entertaining and downloaded a few Geography videos on GM Food. Great teaching resources!

No comments:

Post a Comment