Monday, February 23, 2009

Reading Chicken Soup stories

No more shopping for me! I bought more than $200 worth of Chicken Soup books at Jurong Point Harris Bookshop. I think I burst my budget for this month, but come to think about it, it is a good investment. Reading good books is a form of cultural capital. Chicken soup stories are quite good. In fact, they can be model essays for 'O' level English exams. The stories are inspiring and touching. I think I am quite a bad teacher. I have made quite a number of students cried during the English lessons by reading some very touching stories. The video on "no arms no legs" is a great motivational video that have influenced all my English students. I just hope that they like my lessons and continue to read more at their own time. It is through reading that will certainly help them to improve their English standard.

Enjoy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment